I woke up this morning feeling sick...
I hate feeling sick
Especially throw-up sick
When I sit and rack my brain about everything I ate the day before
And wonder what sort of gluten I accidently ingested
Or if I just have some stomach virus and blame it on the evil gluten
Not sure what it was
But I was sick and I spent a good hour feeling sorry for myself
Do you remember what sick days were like when you were a kid? I do. They were glorious, except the sick part. My mom made the best nurse. The morning would always start off with saltines and 7-up. Maybe there is no real medical proof that 7-up helped, but it seemed to cause me fall into hours of sleep immediately. For lunch there was tomato or chicken noodle soup in a mug (yes, I always wanted it in a mug) with maybe a few more saltines. By that time I was ready to watch a movie while getting loads of love and attention from mom. Awesome...
Today was not like that. Today I had a husband with a banged-up knee that had already planned his days off for Utah and 2 little boys that needed to be fed breakfast. I had a love seat that was piled high with clean laundry begging to be put away. I had passport pictures to be taken and groceries to be purchased. I also had a skype cooking date to make yummy coffee... or umm... breakfast cake.
The laundry didn't get put away.
The groceries were not bought.
The picture not taken.
The coffee cake with sister gossip not done.
But the boys were fed. The Land Before Time was watched... twice. Mom was given cuddles and told to "just take some med-cine" by her 3-year-old and given large amounts of cute chubby-cheek baby smiles. A 2 hour nap was taken by all and Dad came home and made dinner.
It might not have been a glorious sick day...
But I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Perhaps the best part was late afternoon when I finally started feeling better and played a bit of hockey with the Deakster. Balls were being flung around and after numerous warnings about not hitting the baby, he ran over and gave Nix a big side hug while quietly telling him, "I will be careful not to knock your head off"
No comments:
Post a Comment