welcome to part 1 of the "my family is crazy and i love them" series!!!
get excited...
from july 5-8th, the 2 parents, 10 children, 6 in-laws, and 12 grand kids rented out a bed and breakfast just outside of lava hot springs in IDAHO. And... wow... did we have fun!
these pictures are only from the first night and next morning when we were given our custom designed t-shirts. our theme for the reunion was "some like it hot" with the 10 reasons to be a DuPaix on the back. it's ok if you are a wee bit jealous that you will not be adding this to your closet. ;)
the first night we had dinner and sarah led us in the opening of our time capsule from Dec. 31, 2000. we decided now would be the best time to open it because we don't know when we will all be together again. we were supposed to put in an object and we filled out a questionnaire about how the world would change in the next ten years, and a table with the name's of the kids on one side, and a bunch of questions about each one along the top. (name of person they would marry, job, would they have a degree, how many children, etc.) we had a blast reading what we wrote and yelling out names of future spouses and if we were correct or not. my mom had also taken pictures of us that night and locked them in. we laughed a lot over those. kyle was a little worried at what my 15 1/2 year old self looked like, the things that i had written down AND probably the fact that he remembered that he was just shy of 21 at that time. can we say illegal? ha ha ha...
anyway, after the chaos died down and we tried to forget how love-birdy meri/shane and jeannie/brent were being engaged at the time, sarah pulled out a new, 3 page questionnaire for us to answer and open up in 10 years. should be fun to read!
stay tuned to read about our talent show, donut eating contest, candy bar game, lava hot springs Olympic water park, and many other thing we packed into 3 days!
Back of our t-shirts:


















8 comments:
What an awesome reunion!! :) Love the shirts, that is so creative. After each number I said out loud, sort of embarrasing since I am at work, 'Woa that is so cool they have that or thought of that!' That time capsule thing is a rad idea. I am copying you! Hope all is well Angi!
Absolutely LOVE the t-shirts, how very creative!
Would love to hear some of the questions that were asked, great idea:)Looking forward to more!
How fun is that?! I love time capsules.. and I'm hosting at 24th BBQ at my house this year. I'm totally making all the Keetch's fill out a "questionnaire."
Thanks for the idea! (and it's way better to be a Keetch btw...) :)
CUTE! I noticed that I wasn't in any of the pics... ha, ha! That was fun to hang with everyone! Great reunion shirts!
Love the familt tee's!
Wow, Ang, your family just keeps growing and growing! It's fun to look at those pictures and see how everyone has changed. I remember when Maddy was a baby! What a fun family!
We had such a great time! I miss you!
Okay so I just barely read this one and I am so totally freakin jealous!!! You know I have always wanted to be a DuPaix! Glad you guys had so much fun I am sure your mom was in heaven!!
Post a Comment