Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009

I know... I am a month behind! I just got some pics from my mom so I am starting from the beginning. We left on the 23rd as soon as Kyle could get off. Unfortunately, that wasn't until after 3. We made a bad decision of driving through Calgary instead of going all of the way around and were stuck in traffic for like an hour. It was not such a great start. Once we were out of the city things went pretty smooth. We didn't have any problems at the border (nicest guy ever... actually) and ended up staying in Great Falls for the night. Besides Deakon being too big for the playpen, one end is kind of bent so we were a bit worried about how he would do in a bed. I tried laying down with him and he thought it was the funnest game ever. I finally got mad and went over to the other bed with Kyle and we ignored him and in less than 10 minutes he was out. I went back over and slept with him because I was worried he would roll right off. We got up bright and early at 6:30 to pack up the car (we had to take a bunch of stuff into the hotel because it was like -2 F and we wanted to have edible snacks for the day) We stopped off at Smith's to grab chap stick and a few treats for our stockings. We were off and made it to Idaho Falls around 1. I was so excited to be almost done. We stopped and ate at Wendy's and then headed to Salt Lake. We borrow Ron and Doreen's portable DVD player and it was SO smart of us. Deakon was content to eat snacks and watch movies until after lunch. He fell asleep and when he woke up an hour later the sun was in his eyes which started a HUGE tantrum of "the sun is bugging me" "i need a hug" "i want you mommy" blah blah... cry cry... Now, maybe you think that I am a mean mom for not stopping the car to give my son a hug, but we were in OGDEN people... forty five minutes away... and I was tired and so we let him cry for quite awhile. Sorry buddy. We finally pulled into my parent's driveway at 4:30 and we couldn't have been happier! I was starving and immediately served so many GF baked goods I made myself sick. It was fantastic! We had a nice dinner, played some games, and had a little Christmas FHE. The kids opened their new jamies and we sent them off to bed so we could do big kid stuff.
Sarah, Danny, Debbie, Me, and Becca EATING... (sorry Becca, not the best pic)

Kyle, Deakon, and Ethan... more EATING!
New pajamas:


Trying to get a good pic of the kiddos:
Luke, Lily, Deakon, Noah, Ethan



Belly Shot! Almost 27 weeks.


No comments: