After talking Deakon into putting on a nice sweater for church I told him how cute he looked. His response, "I don't want to look cute. I want to look cool and stylish."
Deakon purposely jumped off a ledge onto our armchair after I asked him not to. Me, "Excuse me, what do you think you are doing?" Deak, "Umm... I'm a scammer"
Grandma Marilyn got Deakon some rockin skateboarder themed rain boots and he has been wearing them every day. He has this awesome super hero raincoat to go along with it. He seriously couldn't be cuter. I need to get a picture.
Nixon has regressed to pureed foods, yogurt and crackers since he was so sick. It really sucks. Tried to feed him pasta in meat sauce for lunch. Purposely sucked the noodles dry and spit them out.
4 years old is a super hard age. I can't stand this whole "I am awesome and I can do whatever I want whenever I want attitude"
Deakon started 2 classes at the Ranchhouse a few weeks ago. Mighty Mites (group play, books, musical instruments, songs, etc) and Lil' Chefs. Last Monday at Mighty Mites when we were walking out he told me they read a scary book about monsters. I kind of played it off and didn't think much about it until the next day when I realized that he refused to go to the bathroom or into his bedroom by himself. No matter how we talked, showed, walked through, and prayed about he would completely break down and ask if he could pee his pants... I feel so mean getting to this point, but I can't go to the bathroom 7 times a day. Plus Nixon follows us in and gets into our recycling bottles, garbage, and toilet so it is such a pain. Saturday we went to Winners and while in the toy section Deak showed us "Where the wild things are" The scary monster book. Knowing what we were dealing with and knowing that he had seen part of the movie several months ago made things easier. Armed with a calm explanation, the promise to leave the shower curtain open, and a bulk bag of jelly beans Deakon is making every excuse possible to go potty all by himself. So nice.
We had chicken alfredo for dinner. It was a no go for all the boys... maybe they should have had my yummy corn pasta.
Yesterday we had the boys yearly dr. appts. Should have written numbers down because I forgot some of them. Deakon weighs 37.4 lbs.(90%) and I think is 42 in. (90%). Nixon made it up to 23 lbs. 5 oz. (70%) from 22 lbs. 13 oz. on Monday at his vaccination appt. Last Wednesday when I took him to urgent care he was 23 lbs. 8 oz. A few weeks ago I weighed him at home and he was just under 26. Anyway, his height was 85%. I can't remember the number. Everything was pretty good. Deakon got a nasty ear infection that wouldn't go away in Jan/Feb and his hearing hasn't been quite the same so Dr. Cote sent a requisition for a real hearing test. Hope they call soon.
I am 15 weeks today. Had an appt this week for baby and everything looks good. The boys loved hearing the heartbeat. Hearing Deakon try to describe how it sounds is priceless. We have decided not to deliver in Calgary, but to drive out west to Canmore. I am kind of excited as I have heard only good things about the small, quiet hospital and the 2 Dr.'s that deliver. I am hoping to have more of a personal experience compared to Foothills. I should meet my new dr. in a few weeks.
Enough splurging. Until next time.
2 comments:
This was a fun entry to read! Deakon sounds like a handful, reminds me of Oliver at that age. He's gotten easier with age, hope that happens for you too!
Wow Angie, your life is always a novel! Sad about deak being scared but fun for him that he is doing those classes! Oh nix.... I remembered those tp days. Feels Luke it never ends. So awesome that he's walking! Lyla just started to get on all fours without falling and has taken a few moves with it! We miss you! Glad to hear your apt went well! Also glad deaks hearing will be checked out. That's scary!
Post a Comment