Thursday, June 14, 2012

Playing Catch-up!

So... it's June.  Not sure if you've noticed.  Time has flown these past few months.  What's new with us???

-Went to Utah over Mother's Day to see my parents off.  It was a good trip.

-For the most part we still like our rental (oh... we moved... not sure if I even did a post on that)

-I still love Cochrane

-Still Primary Chorister.  3 years is a long time.  Should I start sucking???  Some weeks I feel like I do and then they tell me singing time was great.  What does this mean?  Less work=better?  I really do enjoy working with the kids, but going through 2 pregnancies and planning the whole nursing schedule twice makes me feel grumpy lots of Sundays.  You know... when they only day of the week I have to set my alarm and WAKE my baby up so that I won't have her screaming during singing time.  Ug...  Ok.  No more complaining.  I will be happy and know that one day I will be able to go to church and just listen.  AND not have a grumpy Nixon or Kyle to deal with.  Crying children=grumpy husband.  No surprise there.

-I quit my small cleaning job and got a bigger one in March.  7-11 Monday-Friday.  I like it for the most part.  Honestly, a big part of why I like it is that Kyle gets to put all the kids to bed 5 days a week.  I don't like bedtime.  I am a pushover.  It takes forever when I do it myself.  FOREVER.  If Kyle is present it is over in less than 10 minutes.  I really miss spending my nights being lazy and hanging out with Kyle, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  What do we gotta do?  Buy a house.  Or something.  SAVE.  SAVE.  SAVE. That's what we gotta do.

-Kyle now works 7-4:30 instead of 8:30-6.  It started 2 days after I started my job.  TOTAL blessing.  Otherwise we wouldn't see each other at all during the week.  Now we have 4:30-7 to be together.

-Registered Deakon for Kindergarten.  Seems crazy... but not too soon  :)  He gets crazy bored during the day. Even when there are kids around.  Even when we are out and about.  He likes somebody to tell him what to do and when to do it.  SCHOOL!

-Nixon.  Oh Nixon.  How I love sweet little Nixon.  Sweet little, sensitive little, screaming little, pushing little, loving little Nixon.  He must be 2 right?  Yep.  He has finally started talking quite a bit.

-Quinn.  Still practically perfect in every way.  We love her so much.  In the last 3 weeks she has started moving quite a bit.  She is sitting and rolling and turning and she loves to push herself backwards on the wood floor.  I walk into the living room and see her little head poking out from under the couch everyday.  She is just so darn cute.  She is eating lots now and seems to be growing even more.

-I've started watching 3 kids twice a week.  It has been fun but DIFFERENT.  Almost 4 and 5 year GIRLS and a 1 year old sweet little boy.  Agreed to twice a week for June and then if I want I will only do once a week.  So far twice a week (tues/thurs) is working out.  It will be nice when all the rain stops and we can spend more time outside.  My house can only take so much playing... and eating... and running around fun.

Ok... gotta go.  It is Thursday after all and the girls and Deakon are now officially done with their quiet coloring and on to... FOOTBALL.  Someone is gonna walk away with a bloody nose.

Until next time!

1 comment:

John and Sarah said...

So you work at 711? Do you get all the free slurpee's you want? I'm just kidding... but I did have to read it twice to understand it, haha. Unless you really do work at 711....