Thursday, July 25, 2013

Enough is enough

HI!  With having the summer off (remember... I'm a SCHOOL BUS DRIVER now?) I have no excuse not to type away the details of our lives now and again.  It's been awesome having the last month off!  Besides the "not bringing in any extra money" thing.  2 days after school was over, we headed to Summerland, BC and had a fantastic week with R&D, B&E, and MY SISTER MERI and her family.  I was so excited when they told us months ago that they wanted to come.  We played at the beach and went quadding and drank loads of slurpees and double big gulp Dr. Peppers and almost finished off a party size bag of PB M&Ms.  I love vacations.  When we got back the kids and I haven't slowed down.  We've been out almost everyday.  Hitting up Calaway Park, lots of picnics at the parks here in town, library days, a few play dates, and our favourite new place- the spray park in Airdrie.  Last weekend, we camped out with Ron and Doreen.  Perfect weather and relaxation.  It was also the perfect time to let Nixon perfect his potty training!  I tried to force him all last week and the day I left him pant less and stopped suggesting he go... he did it himself.  Perfect.  After flying through 3 packs of gum and getting it stuck in his hair, we've moved on to skittles.  I am loving this first summer of all 3 kids being able to walk, talk(basics), and go down slides alone.  We traded a trip to Utah for our trip to BC (because we planned on going to Utah for Christmas- which is a no-go now) and I've been feeling homesick in between my relaxing days.  My siblings and their families are heading to my parents time share this next week and I'm dying to go.  My 10-year HS reunion is next week too.  WHY AM I NOT IN UTAH???  Awww... next summer.  No battle.  I'm also killing myself over not being able to see my new nephew and soon-to-be-born niece until they are moving around by themselves.  Thank goodness for pictures.  Can't wait to see you DuPaix Family...

No comments: