Do you remember this song???
The pilgrims and the indians
had a pow-wow a long time ago...
Sat down and ate together,
and that is how Thanksgiving was born!

So, yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the great wilderness of Canada. We had Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday at Kyle's brother and sister-in-law's house(Scott and Sara). We had both Scott and Sara's families present. A lot of people, right??? Well, I counted about 25... which is about the amount of my family... so it felt a bit more like home with all of the craziness. At the same time, it made me really miss my family... I miss you guys so much. It will be so weird not to have Thanksgiving next month with everyone... or Christmas... ok, I need to stop thinking about it or I will cry. On to the happy news, yesterday we went to Kyle's brother and soon-to-be sister-in law's (Bret and Eva) new house for a yummy Thanksgiving breakfast. We came home and had ribs for dinner....and then...... Doreen and I made 2 loaves of gluten-free bread and a gluten free apple pie! I was/am so excited to have some good stuff to eat for the next little while. I took some pictures, but they didn't turn out so you can just imagine how awesome and good they are. For my first pie- I say it is the best darn pie I've ever made! I definitely won't be giving out my food at a convention or anything, but I am happy about it. Now... only 10 more days until the move into Cochrane and I will have a try at the bakery, a place that they are confident with sharing food with the whole world!
2 comments:
Yummy! I wish I could have some of your pie!!! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving! I would love to taste your cooking. I think that everyone else's cooking tastes better than my own so I know how you feel!
Post a Comment