Thursday, December 25, 2008

New Traditions?

Change is definitely not one of my favorite things. I am happy to do the same things over and over and over again. Eating the same food, watching the same shows/movies, and reading the same good books make me happy. This year has brought so much change to our little family. We have moved to a different country for goodness sake! We have had to learn to rely on each other for so much more. We have family here, but we are having to learn how to listen, help, guide, and joke more between just us. Before I think we relied a lot on close friends, family, and coworkers to tell our woes and latest dumb jokes too. For the most part, it has brought us a lot closer. Sometimes, it makes us think "who is this person that I have been married to for so long and feel like I barely know!?" I feel like the last few months have brought years of growth and change to our relationship.

So... after sharing my whole life story I will get to the point. That being: Change can be good... and bring new traditions into our lives. For example, Christmas Eve Dinner. A huge portion of steak, potatoes, caeser salad, and Martinelli's, with cherry cheesecake for dessert. Holy cow, you bet we ate that all up! Kyle and I also decided that we would start a tradition for our little family: new jammies to open up on Christmas Eve. Kyle found some perfect Detroit Red Wings hockey pj's for Deakon and I got a sexy pink flannel set. When Bret and Eva saw Deakon's, they insisted on him opening one of their gifts for him: a puppy robe! It is so freakin' cute and looked great! Enjoy the pics, it is WAY PAST time for bed so our Christmas Day post will have to wait!

Reading Grandma Edie's Christmas Eve book before bedtime:

I totally forgot to mention that Kyle got off early and got to come up before Deakon woke up from his nap. He was so excited to see his daddy! This was them right before dinner, watching "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"

Running around in Mommy's shoes:

No comments: