Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy the funny, gross, awkward, and happy events in our lives!!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
HELP!!!
I have this huge room for Deakon.... and no ideas for decorating. It doesn't help that these butt-ugly curtains were left by the people before and I have like 4 different colors of wood. I am working with 3 dressers, a white crib, and wood trim. I NEED HELP! Kyle and I can't agree on a theme. I keep leaning towards like a rustic/cowboy look(we have those cute blocks spelling out his name, the star leaning on the one dresser, and some antique wooden picture frames), but Kyle doesn't like that idea. In his old room, we sort of had a sport thing going, but we just have no ideas. So, I am begging for any input... any ideas that you have used, or pictures or websites online. Please help me....


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow. That is a big room! I think it's bigger than ours... If I were there, I could probably help you better. I think the cowboy theme would be cute. What is Deakon into? Sports sometimes gets used too much. And, you don't have to use a theme. You could just focus on certain colors to make it tie in together. Browse the internet and I bet you'll find something!
Ok, I really like the rustic cowboy theme. It would look good with your furniture. Maybe an old fashioned train look. I would paint your crib black or brown to go with the wood pieces. The blocks would go with a train theme. Or a camping/outdoor themed room.
Go to potterybarnkids.com. They have great ideas of cute boy rooms. Good Luck!
I totally am having the same problem decorating Garrett's room. There are just so many ideas out there and I can't decide which one I like the best. If you get any good advice let me know!! I do like the rustic cowboy idea!
With the rustic/cowboy look it might be fun to sand the wood and then paint it all the same, leaving a distrest look!! Good thing curtains are a cheap and easy thing the change if you don't like the ones there!
Post a Comment