Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's September...

It's nice to be able to say that I am due "this month." Although, between you and me and everyone else in the world that asks (or cares...) I want Quinn to come October 1st... Saturday October 1st.
10/01/2011
The first day of October. Ok, fine, you get the picture. It is a good looking date, right? AND there are no people born in October (or November) in my family. Strange that with 30+ birthdays we miss out 2 whole months of the year. Football season? Maybe for my parents- although Joe and Danny were born the first week of September. School? Who knows...

Not the point I am trying to make.

A few things on my mind that I am looking forward to NOT dealing with in October:

Listening to "you better lube that thing up" while having my tummy pointed at by my dear, dear husband. Yes, I know that my stomach looks like a torpedo. Yes, I am concerned about getting nasty stretch marks. But guess what, it's almost week 37 and if they are coming, there is nothing I can do about it. I was nicely informed that maybe if I didn't walk around at night rubbing my belly with my shirt pulled up the comment would stop. Whatever. I can do what I want.

The heartburn. Oh... such awful heartburn. The acidic taste in the back of my throat or actually in my mouth when I bend over will not be missed at all. The only good thing about it is that it has only been unbearable the last week or so when she has moved diagonally head down and is kicking my stomach. At least she's head downish.

The personal guilt I have when I drink that blasted coke... so glad that McDonald's is done with their dumb $1 summer drink days on Monday. So hard to pass up... so ice cold and deliciously cokey. Who is the horrid person who will not put caffeine free everything into the fountain drinks? I don't like you.

And last, but certainly most important is this whiney bad attitude that you have now gotten a little taste of. Come back old Angi. Please. The boys really miss you. Kyle misses you too.

A few months ago I overheard Deakon tell Nixon over breakfast, "I really wish Mom wasn't so grumpy." Me too buddy.

Some day... soon?


2 comments:

Jeannie said...

You're almost there! You can do it just hang in there!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Haha. I bet you're not that grumpy. Hang in there. These last few weeks are a killer. I hear ya on the coke thing too. Sometimes that ice cold beverage just does the body good and is hard to pass up. It's harder for me cause mcdonalds is still doing the $1 drinks and I don't see them stopping for a while. Good luck!!