I can't make this picture move down to the bottom so my little Molly update will get to be first! Meri and Shane and Molly's birthparents met up today with the judge and made everything OFFICIAL! After a long weekend of visiting Molly at the hospital, they are now back at the hotel with their beautiful little girl! Congrats again to the happy family and never-ending thanks to the incredible birthmom for her selfless gift that she has given to Meri and Shane.

Labour Day Weekend in Cochrane is busy and so much fun! It is a big deal with an outhouse race, 4-day rodeo, parade, and a free BBQ. Now... many of you might be asking yourself, "hmm... what is an outhouse race?" I was asking myself that same question with a foul look on my face. Basically, local businesses and places around Cochrane build outhouses, complete with a rider inside, and race up and down main street. It is fairly amusing and I was glad we went. As you can see, Kyle was not so happy... too bad:
Next, ATB VS. Big Hill Lodge:
There were quite a few outhouses, but I had to throw this picture in. This outhouse was from Doreen's work, Bethany Care Center. The fake butts and lumpy nurses cracked me up:
Deakon was really into it at one point cheering away:
Deakon's absolute favorite, the employees dressed as Sesame Street characters:
Monday morning, we woke up and had a big YUMMY breakfast with Ron, Doreen, Bret, and Eva and then headed down to watch the parade:
Deakon was pretty excited, but kept asking to watch the cars (outhouses) again. We tried to distract him promising cowboys on horses:
Probably Deakon's favorite, Cochrane's kids BMX club:

He also really liked all of the marching bands. I had to throw this weird picture in because it is the only one with me, or my hoody, in it:

Running to pick up the candy:
These airplanes were fun, racing around in circles all the way down the street. Deakon was a bit confused about why they weren't in the air:

After the parade, we headed home for Deakon's nap, and then caught the end of the Rodeo. We got their for the best event, bull riding. Deakon was in heaven:
Afterwards, we walked around and said hi to all of the cows and horses.
That was about it for our weekend. I can't wait until next year. We had fun doing a bunch of things we have never done before as a family. Now before I head out, I must give Deakon a shout-out for his AWESOME, STUPENDOUS, INCREDIBLE, RAD job at being a successful toilet user. We have had no accidents since Thursday and he pretty much goes by himself. I forgot for like 2 hours to ask him if he needed to go and then I saw him with no underwear on and went and checked and he totally went by himself. He is such a big boy. I can't even believe how much older he seems now. Good job buddy! Enjoy the underwear pics... they are just so cute.
He also really liked all of the marching bands. I had to throw this weird picture in because it is the only one with me, or my hoody, in it:
Running to pick up the candy:
After the parade, we headed home for Deakon's nap, and then caught the end of the Rodeo. We got their for the best event, bull riding. Deakon was in heaven:
4 comments:
So cute! It looks like you had a great weekend! Maybe we should come up next year for the party!
Ok, another crack-up...get it? LOL
Loved the "Outhouse" race, way too funny!
Congrats to Deakon for mastering his own outhouse....LOVE the picture with the SpiderMan helmet on:)
Sounds fun!
Love the underwear pics! Isn't there something so cute about a little boy in underwear! Good job on potty training (to both of you, because we know how much work goes into it!)
Looks like fun- Hey kyle I sent you an email- dont know if i have an old one- but i wanted to know if you want to do a nhl fantasy leauge for this year...let me know....riley
Post a Comment