Thursday September 10th started out as just a normal day... but now it will be a day that we will never forget. We were told that Kyle's dad, Steve, had passed away. As we sat, speechless, slowly shaking our heads, time seemed to stop... what do you say? what do you do? I was quickly thinking that this must be some sort of bad dream, but it wasn't. Now Kyle is off in Ontario, and I wish to be there. I want to be there for him... to help ease his pain... but I also want to be there for me- because Steve holds a special place in my heart. How can I forget that within 1 hour of meeting him, I could not stop staring at his lips, and silently thanking him for passing on such lips to his son, and hoping that my children would be blessed with the same sexy pout? I will never forget that he put me at ease from the very beginning and never forgot to ask about the weather during each and every phone conversation we had. Quite possibly my all time favorite vacation included almost a full week of fun in the sun and daily back bacon cooked by none other than Steve Gerrie. Laughing until my gut hurt listening to him spelling words to prove his skills, falling asleep in his camping chair, and noticing how he and Kyle continually held their arms/bodies in the same positions as each other. I will forever cherish the day I saw him hold my brand new baby boy and the joy that shown in his eyes. I long to give you one more hug, to hear you laugh at something silly that Deakon has done, and read your random emails about animals. Steve, we love you... I love you...
Steven Gerrie
While doing what he loved, Steven passed away suddenly, fishing in Owen Sound on September 10, 2009 at the age of 57. He leaves behind his loving spouse, Marilyn Holland. Cherished son of Helen and the late Joseph Gerrie. Forever remembered by his children Kyle (Angi), Bret (Eva), Kirsten, Stacey Smale and Erin Smale (Andrew). Proud grandfather of Kylyn Smale, Deakon Gerrie, and Brodey Frid. Will be missed by brothers Bryan (Deb), Randy (Chris), Brad (Sandy) and predeceased by his brother Scott (Becky). Resting at the THOMSON FUNERAL HOME (160 St. David St. N., Fergus, 519-843-2380). Visitation will be Monday, September 14 from 2-4pm and 7-9pm. A funeral service will be held at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (325 St. George St. W., Fergus) on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:30 am. Interment at Belsyde Cemetery to follow. In memoriam, donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
www.thomsonfuneralhome.com
While doing what he loved, Steven passed away suddenly, fishing in Owen Sound on September 10, 2009 at the age of 57. He leaves behind his loving spouse, Marilyn Holland. Cherished son of Helen and the late Joseph Gerrie. Forever remembered by his children Kyle (Angi), Bret (Eva), Kirsten, Stacey Smale and Erin Smale (Andrew). Proud grandfather of Kylyn Smale, Deakon Gerrie, and Brodey Frid. Will be missed by brothers Bryan (Deb), Randy (Chris), Brad (Sandy) and predeceased by his brother Scott (Becky). Resting at the THOMSON FUNERAL HOME (160 St. David St. N., Fergus, 519-843-2380). Visitation will be Monday, September 14 from 2-4pm and 7-9pm. A funeral service will be held at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (325 St. George St. W., Fergus) on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:30 am. Interment at Belsyde Cemetery to follow. In memoriam, donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
www.thomsonfuneralhome.com

5 comments:
I was so sorry to get an email from Doreen telling me about Kyles dad. It is so sad losing a parent. At least he went doing something he loved...not months and years of trying to fight a disease. I'm so sorry you can't be there for the funeral, our thoughts and prayers go out to you!
Sorry to hear about your lose. May you find comfort in each other & comfort in the knowledge that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER! Give each other an extra smile & a BIG hug. Take care & take your time to morn.
Oh Angi I am so sorry. I hope everything is going well with the funeral and the family. That is so heartbreaking. You are in our prayers.
Aww. Angie! I'm so sorry for you and your little family (as well as Kyle's fam). It sucks to lose someone so young! I'm thinking and praying for you guys..
Our sincerest condolonces to your husband's family.
Post a Comment