Welcome to our blog. We hope you enjoy the funny, gross, awkward, and happy events in our lives!!!
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Tuesday Tribune
My parents come home from their mission sooooo soon! Like a week from this Friday. I can't imagine their excitement to come HOME and sadness they are feeling saying goodbye. Ok, I guess I can relate a little bit because I felt those feelings when we moved here. I was sad to leave my family and my friends. I was excited for the unknown in moving to a new place, but realized when we got here that I was going to have to put in way more effort to make friends while being at home full time with Deakon. We have been here a bit over 5 years and I've really grown to love it. I've made good friends, my kids have made friends, I have a job that I mostly enjoy, and honestly when I leave the house everyday I find myself taking in a deep breath and thinking about how much I love Cochrane... and Alberta. Yes, the weather is not awesome, but my little bubble is beautiful and friendly and familiar. I often wonder if it is an age thing. Was I just so wrapped up in myself to open my eyes and enjoy every detail about Utah? Even when we go back though, I find myself focusing on roads... cars... and so many people... and roads... and stores.... and pollution hiding the mountains... and my mom and dad's house- which is always the best and so I spend most of my vacation in the backyard and green leather couches and front porch that is the perfect level to sit on for hours. I'm sure if/when we move back I will have to find the beauty that I don't remember. The whole move back or not to move back is always on our minds. It hurts to think about leaving my Cochrane bubble, and yet it hurts when we are on our way home from visiting Utah. Why can't all of my people live together, in Cochrane, which has been relocated to South Jordan, Utah? Sadly, I can't have everything I want. There are so many things that factor into a move back to Utah. I wish it was easy to decide. For now I will distract myself trying to figure out how to keep the house clean, the masses fed, and Nixon and Quinn buckled up in the bus. That last one is going to make me lose my mind. STAY IN YOUR SEAT BELT YOU LITTLE BOOGERS!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe your parents are coming home that soon! My parents left before yours and still have over 2 months! I guess that's what happens when they decide to extend. That's so exciting for your parents and I'm sure you're so excited to see them. Will you be coming out to Utah?
I don't get to come :( Planning to come down in February.
Post a Comment