Last week I received a letter from the "CASE PROCESSING CENTRE from Citizenship and Immigration Canada" saying that I have been found eligible to apply for permanent resident status and I will receive a letter with my interview date. It sounds like it doesn't mean much, but basically they approved me. So, I have been planning on waiting 3-6 weeks to get another letter for my official interview AND it came today!!! My interview is November 19th and I am super excited!!!!! Many of you are probably wondering why I would be excited. Well, being a permanent resident means that I can work if I wish, go to school as a resident vs. international student (pukingly expensive), have my health coverage extended... it totally expires November 25th so it is great timing, get a super cool black and white Alberta driver's license, become a dual-citizen (because WHY NOT?) if we are still here in a few years, AND... the very best part of all- I can leave the country whenever the heck I want to visit UTAH and not worry about the border!!! That makes planning a Christmas vacay less stressful.
Ok, so on to my not so good news of the day. The people who ran into our jeep, who VERY NICELY (seriously, no sarcasm) left a note saying that they would pay for the fixes/didn't want to go through insurance and have been working with us while we get quotes and such... now informed us today that they don't want to pay the 500 bucks it takes to fix the bumper (they have no problem fixing the fender) and they don't want us to fix it and just take 200 bucks cash... WAIT a sec... pretty sure you hit us!!! I mean, the jeep goes in Friday- they couldn't have told us 2 weeks ago when they got copies of the quotes??? Geez... I talked to the wife today and tried to tell her that it wasn't just some "tiny scratch" that isn't "a big deal" (she has never even seen our jeep- it was her husband that hit us). I just told her that Kyle would call her husband later... apparently I come across as a huge pushover and Kyle has no problem just telling them that if they have a problem paying, they can go through insurance like normal people. Anywho, you tell me if it is some tiny scratch. I think you can click on the pic and make it bigger:
I am not quite done venting yet... today Deakon has figured out that he needs to CLIMB everything!!! It is driving me nuts. While I was on the phone talking to crazy-lady he climbed a big bookshelf to get some stupid beef jerky sticks (gross!) and fell. Before that, he thought it would be a good idea to climb the shelves in the linen closet to get to our "get ready" shelf and get out all of my jewelery and Kyle's face grooming stuff (aka SHARP scissors). Am I lucky that he waited until 2 years and 7 1/2 months to become a full blown monkey... or am I just in trouble??? Oh little boy... the day will come soon for your first stitches...
Baby gender news: ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a crazy day. Good luck with the car thing! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
Post a Comment